Tuesday, March 06, 2007

So there it is......

Not a good night tonight.

Feelings?

Worried, concerned, all of the above?

Yes it just seems to get harder every time you have to undergo another "procedure". They put a canula in whatever vein they can find , put you under, probe your insides with various tubes and cameras, hopefully fix the problem (reflux), tie a few knots and send you off home in a couple of days.

In the meantime your financial world is being turned upside down because a few seat hugging backbencher politicians listening to their bleating farmer electorate can suddenly change the whole face of the Managed Investment Scheme scenario. Am I bitter? You bet!

I have spent the past 15 years in this business. The claims made by the anti MIS supporters are based on "anecdotal" evidence, not facts. I have written to every Federal Government Minister I can find to urge them to reconsider this decision. I have yet to recieve a reply.

So where do we go from here? Well we simply live in hope. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. I just find it harder and harder to keep a positive attitude. But in the end, a negative attitude achieves nothing.

But I am very, very tired.

Maybe my "Fundo" on Thursday will make me feel better.

I really hope so! I REALLY hope so.

Goodnight,

Ben

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hi Ben-
I am sorry I have been such a stranger- full time work, motherhood and Second Wind- I lose track but I don't discard email until I am sure I should. It sounds like you have had a rough time both with rejection and with finances. I can't say I understand the finance part but I do know it seems like you are a giant guinea pig when your drugs are changed around. I hope things get better for you soon.
Kathryn Flynn
bilateral lung 1996
Second Wind Lung Transplant Assoc. Inc.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben,
Kathryn Flynn gave your address to me..I am the Second Wind Secretary. I read your email to her and I admire everything that you are doing to promote organ donation and transplant. I haven't read your history yet but will do so. I am so sorry that you are having so many problems. Just want to let you know that I had a single lung May 1999 and doing good. I have had my bumps along the way buttttt here I am!!! You are in my prayers and I wish you good health.
Judy Ryan
single lung 1999
Chapel Hill NC