Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Round Up: THE ULTIMATE DONATION

Wow, what an amazing show!

If you missed it last Wednesday, bad luck, it was the series finale. I’ve sent an email to the Executive Producer, Greg Quail, in hope we may be able to somehow get our hands on it. I’ll let you know what happens.

Janyne (you’ll love this), it didn’t do too badly in the ratings either – No 30. It even beat Burt’s Family Feud (haha).

Whilst the show concentrated its efforts around those who were given another opportunity at life, they did show the other side, death. Unfortunately (I’m still searching for his name) a young (40?) police officer who’d been on the list for quite some time, had been waiting too long. A day after his heart transplant, he died. I’m thankful the wife and family of the man allowed this part to be shown. People waiting on transplant lists are sick, very sick, and with each day they wait their bodies are deteriorating. We need more organ donors! If you haven’t already signed up you can do so by clicking here.

After doing some googling, I found some discussions regarding the show and the Channel 10 web site. Here are the links.

The Ultimate Donation - Channel 10 (make sure to read the Forum)
Organ Donation Petition – eBay
The Ultimate Donation – Essential Baby

There are some interesting debates/views/opinions expressed above on the topic of Organ Donation. I’ve weighed into it with my opinion which you can find here (Post 67 under the name ‘paulboy4212’).


Paul.

1 comment:

helen said...

HI Ben, I am the wife of the deceased police officer, My name is Helen, i am actually trying to find out where i can get a copy of the DVD, as i finaly feel we are able to watch it. thanks