Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thursday - TP Success

Ben coped quite well with the TP (oxygen humidifier) yesterday. They're increasing the stint to 2hrs every 3hrs with 1hr being spent back on the Ventilator.

To give you an idea of what a TP actually is I've included this link below to the Fisher & Paykel Healthcare (the brand of product he's on) Web site.

Fisher & Paykel Healthcare - Humidification System.

I believe the next process in wheening him off the Trachi will involve him breathing totally with the TP (no Ventilator). I'll keep you posted on how today goes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have now registered as an organ donor thanks to Paul. Never knew you could register online with Medicare. The things you find out at a time like this!!

Ashley said...

I'll pray for you

Anonymous said...

Hi again Ben and everyone,
Things really seem to be speeding up now - good for you. It must be a bit bewildering, but also very satisfying to know that you are getting better each day.
Things here are much the same, mainly concentrating on getting the will, etc. in order. So far so good.
Hope the news continues to be good.
Love
Marian

Anonymous said...

Hi again,
I don't know if you got the last message. I seem to get totally mixed up with it all. Sounds as though you are doing really great - keep up the good work.
Things here are much the same - just trying to sort out the will, finances, etc.
Keep well.
Love
Marian

Anonymous said...

Dear Paul,

I am concerned that there have been no further reports about Ben since last Thursday. I hope that all is well. Please give Ben our best wishes again.

Love,

Rob