Sunday, June 11, 2006

Another week already?

Saturday 10th June 2006

I can't believe another week has passed since my last entry. Continuing to get stronger and used to doing normal things without the need for assistance or oxygen. Have had two visits to Prince Charles Hospital for check-ups and everything is working well. Next visit is Thursday 15th June and I'll probably have another bronchoscopy to "clear the drains" and check everything is OK inside. Should be allowed to drive again after that.

Starting to get that "what to do with myself" feeling. Need to put some plans together. Apart from my daily exercise routine and visits to shops etc., I really need to find something more challenging and constructive. Perhaps I'm too impatient.

Janyne and I are pondering the pros and cons of getting another dog. Concerns about being tied down vs the joy of having one around means we'll probably wait a month or two to see how the new lungs settle in and my hospital check-ups become less frequent.

Talk again next week.

Ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben
It is absolutely fantastic to follow yor recovery. Ring me when you feel you are ready to talk.

Peter Richards
0414 475 262