Friday, May 04, 2007

Happy One Year Anniversary!


Amazing photo taken by Thomas Hawk.


Congratulations Dad!!!

Well what to say?

Firstly, WOW! What a year! It’s not a standard thing to be celebrating and to be honest feels a little ‘weird’. The whole experience, this past year, has been not unlike a rollercoaster; lot’s of ups and downs but we’re still here, kicking and screaming, fighting our way through and I’m glad you all came along for the ride!

I started this blog just under a year ago today. Since then, Dad and I have written almost 100 posts, had around 10,000 visits from people all over the world, keeping a journal of everything that’s happened. I haven’t looked back on the past in a while but at some stage today, I will. I’m sure it’ll be a little emotional, maybe even a little scary (and that’s just checking my grammar!) but I’m looking forward to it. So much has happened; I’m glad I made the decision to blog it all in the beginning and I really hope you’ve enjoyed this experience as well.

So today we’re going to try something new. I’m going to open up the blog to the rest of the family. Dad and I came up with the idea a few days ago and since you’ve only ever heard the two of us carrying on from time to time, it’ll be a different perspective to have someone else blog about their thoughts/reflections/experiences over the past year. I’m excited to see what they write!

Starting things off will be Mum (Janyne), then throughout the rest of the day Jax, Mel, Jason & Kym and myself will all write individual posts. Finally Dad (Ben) will finish it up with his personal post as well. [Note: View these below!]

Once again Dad, CONGRATULATIONS on the One Year Anniversary. Wow, how things were a little different a year ago today!

"Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all."
- William Goldman


Paul.

No comments: