Saturday, June 24, 2006

Latest update

As per Paul's last posting earlier, I got to read all your comments this week, some going back to early May. Thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and good wishes.

The past week has been fairly uneventful. On Wednesday I had a bronchoscopy at Prince Charles Hospital where they took some lung tissue to check for rejection or infection and generally make sure the new lungs are performing well. I was given the all clear so it was good news. I know that at some point I will experience a setback of some sort, almost all transplant recipients do, but so far I'm having a dream run so, touch wood, I hope it continues.

Watched the Medical Emergency program on channel 7 last Tuesday which included a segment about a lady undergoing double lung transplant surgery. It was just amazing to think that I was in that position only a couple of months ago. In particular I was surprised at just how big the new lungs were and, looking at the scar on my chest, wondered just how the surgeons could fit them in and make them work. The program continues next Tuesday night at 8.00pm and I'm looking forward to it.

Haven't managed to catch up with all the staff at Prince Charles' GICU yet but I'm back for my normal check-up on Thursday so we'll try again then. In particular I want to catch up with Nurse Ross for her Dahl recipe and the two Cathies.

Talk again in a week.

Bye,

Ben

No comments: