Thursday, October 19, 2006

What's new?

Yes I know it's more than a week since I updated this but I keep hoping to have something interesting to write about and here it is, Thursday 19th October, and I'm still struggling. No more severe chest pains, no hospital visits, haven't been anywhere except to the shops, no driving (for another 6 weeks or so), hip's getting better every day (practicing without a walking aid as much as possible), still not sleeping well at night. Boring isn't it?

What about next week? Well I am back to the hospital for normal checks on Monday and then the doctors will decide if I should have a reflux test to see if this is the chest pain culprit. Barring that, I am hoping we can extend these clinic visits to monthly rather than fortnightly. That way Janyne and I can plan a time to get away for a holiday which we both need. We'll see.

One good thing is that, tomorrow, we are finally sending out "expression of interest" forms to all those lung transplantees currently being looked after by the Prince Charles Hospital Lung Transplant Unit. The aim is to gather support for a more formalised association and use it to provide support and fund raising services for all matters relating to lung transplant. I am looking forward to getting the responses in the next few weeks and getting the ball rolling.

Another good thing is that I purchased a new Laptop this week. It's a HP Pavillion with all the required goodies. It's very fast and I'm very happy with it. Paul set it all up for me. The only problem with it is re-loading all the software and remembering to transfer important files. I think we managed that but I do have a confession to make.

I enjoy playing a computer game called "Jewel Quest" and was up to level 2, sector 5.6. Naturally, when re-loading the game on the new computer, it didn't save my game at that level (probably something I did wrong) and I have had to start again from scratch. Accordingly much of the week has been involved in catching up, much to Janyne's annoyance (she can't stand my playing this game and claims I'm addicted. Mind you if I spent time reading, doing crosswords, or even knitting, she wouldn't say a word. There appears to be an issue with females about men sitting in front of a computer for long periods at a time. I am sure many of you can relate to that!!!). Anyway, it is one of the few things I enjoy doing during a time of limited mobility. In a few months I'll be back working somewhere so let it be. By the way, I'm back up to sector 5.4.

Well folks, I'll write again after Monday's visit to the hospital and will also keep you abreast of results of our mailouts. Until then take care. (Rebecca, haven't heard from you recently. Hope all is well).

Ben

No comments: